Villa Kalypso consists out of 2 equal apartments (ground floor and upper floor) and is one of the oldest mansions on Halki. constructed more than 100 years ago, dominating one of the islands most prestigeous neighborhoods. It was rennovated in 2012, fully respecting the initial architectural lines, as well as the special architectural constraints of the island in general, with ecological friendly materials, ensuring the minimum possible energy footprint.
Being the perfect combination of an external traditional architecture with an internal convenience and design, it provides the guest with a unique relaxing feeling. Inspired by the myth of Ulysses who was trapped for 10 years on the nymph Kalypso's island charmed by her beauty and her hospitality, once the guest stays at the Villa it is very hard to escape and return back home.
Each apartment (50 sq.m.) sleeps 4-5 persons in total and includes
- a large bedroom with a king size bed and a large wardrobe
- a fully equipped bathroom
- a spacious kitchen/living room, including a fully equipped kitchen, a large dining table,
- a living room with a large dining table and 2 extra sofa-beds able to sleep 2-3 people
- a 32' LCD TV and a radio/docking station for your iPod/iPhone/MP3 players
- a large terrace (ground apartment) or a large balcony (upper apartment) with sitting chairs, sun-beds (ground floor) and a table, ideal for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a last drink before bed, enjoying amazing views of Halki traditional village
Faciilities, apartment amenities
- Enjoy your favorite music from the i-docking/radio station
- Watch your favorite film or TV program on the wide screen LCD TV in the sitting area
- Prepare your breakfast, lunch or dinner "the way you like it" in the fully equipped kitchen, including a Nespresso coffee maker with free capsules, and a shaker for iced beverages. Then, you can enjoy it on your terrace or balcony, with breath taking views on the island's magnificent scenery.
- Swim in the harbor's "natural swimming pool" a few steps away from your terrace
- If you are a boat owner, you can have direct and uninterruptible eye contact with your boat harbored in the Marina, a few meters ahead of your doorstep.
- Treat yourself with Korres natural products available throughout your stay
- Keep your valuables in the safe and take stress free walks in town
- Free wifi available